As your family requirements change, your Sun Prairie home can change with them – expanding your useable space with a timely basement finishing project reenergizes your home.
When you can’t expand out or up, a cozy basement for work and play makes sense. Depending on your home’s footprint you can dramatically increase your living space in one effort – a ranch home with full basement can double in usable square feet when the basement is completed and a two-story home can increase living area by a third with a basement renovation.
Residents in Sun Prairie are fortunate to live in an area of the country where a complete basement is the norm not a luxury. Turning your basement into an all-new part of your home offers expansion opportunities limited only by your imagination. Add usable square feet of living space any time at a fraction of the cost for an addition.
The trend in developing a “man cave” or a dedicated “home theater” is alive and thriving, but more and more basement finishing trends toward more of a family “Rec Center” – a basement renovation including entertaining space, a media center, workout rooms, showers and even a snack bar.
Basement Renovation Customizes Your Basement
Homeowners may be sitting on a virtual gold mine and turning an unfinished basement into a dynamic part of your daily living space is an efficient, cost-effective opportunity. Among the options available to expand you living space to the basement are:
- Game rooms – fine places for pool tables and play areas.
- Exercise/Workout rooms – plenty of space for equipment and an even an optional shower.
- An extra bedroom – or additional space for a growing family.
- A custom bathroom – perhaps a spa or sauna.
- Multi-media center – big-screen TV, movie options and custom seating.
- Office space for a home-oriented business.
- Crafts and Hobbies – expanded space for whatever you’re into.
- Workshops, photo studios… your imagination is the template!
- A family gathering space – relax, do homework, etc. – is a place for younger members of the family to entertain while adults congregate upstairs.
Tap Professional Skills and Experience For Your Basement Finishing
Creating basement living space that blends seamlessly with your main living area and lifestyle includes making use of the latest technology and design trends. Dozens of products and basement-specific materials and products have been developed in recent years – and Sims keeps pace with every development and creation. Throughout the Sun Prairie area moisture is a concern with any basement finishing plans. Products to address the need for a nice dry basement go along with specialty technology including:
- Moisture-resistant wall panels and ceilings
- Specialized flooring materials for installation over concrete – with moisture, mold and mildew resistant pads
- Metal framing materials and techniques replacing wood
- Environmentally-friendly paints and finishes – fewer emissions and stain resistant
- Specialized ventilation systems
- Insulation products
- Custom Lighting
- Windows – for natural light and to provide for safe egress (following building codes where a bedroom is added to a basement)
With the latest on products and materials comes a need to keep up with techniques, codes and regulations. Professional remodeling contractors who specialize in basement finishing invest in the right tools and training to stay abreast of the rapidly advancing technology.
So, whether your basement is a blank canvas of unfinished space, half done or in need of a complete makeover contact Sims Exteriors and Remodeling and take advantage of our years of experience.
Our goal is to deliver the best basement renovation products available and the right basement finishing solutions for your Sun Prairie WI home.