The right patio door installation upgrades a home’s style and function. If you’re updating your Sun Prairie WI home with an open concept design, a new patio door is an ideal choice. Modern patio doors are energy-efficient and provide beneficial natural light. A new door installation is an element of decorative styling – inside and outside. Both hinged and sliding doors seamlessly connect your daily living space with outdoor living areas.
Material Choices For Patio Door Installation
Modern patio doors, like replacement windows, are available with several frame options. Choosing the one that best blends with your home’s architecture and décor is an attractive addition. The three most popular framing materials are:
- Vinyl – the top choice in windows it is a popular choice for patio doors. While these doors cannot be painted, they come in a seletion of popular colors. Pella Windows and Doors offers:
- 350 Series – with exclusive SmoothSeamTM interior welded corner adding styling to a ruggeed frame. It comes in 11 exterior color options. With triple-pane glass, these doors are rated from 54% to 83% more energy efficient that single-pane glass.
- Wood – both classic and attractive. Wooden framed doors can be painted or stained to match interior and exterior trim. Wood requires periodic maintenance but it provides excellent insulating value. Pella’s leading wood-framed door series are:
- Architect Series – Traditional 850 – modern, smart lines for contemorary doors. Available in almost any size with custom grilles and color combinations. Provided with eight natural wood choices to match interior details plus black.
- Lifestyle Series – ideal for energy-efficient installations, sound control and view. Natural wood frames. Available with integrated blinds and shades – manual or motorized. Dual- and triple-pane glass options.
- Fiberglass – engineered with the fine grain look of real wood, fiberglass doors require little maintenance. Check out these Pella options:
- Impervia series – created from Duracast®, a strong, durable window frame material. Contemporary styled and energy efficient. You can paint Impervia doors to match interior and exterior trim.
- 250 Series – a unique flush bolt system for venting and security complements clean lines. Between-the-glass blinds are available in 6 color choices. These doors are available in 2-, 3- and 4-panel configuration plus custom sizes.
- Encompass – easy-care doors with contemporary styling. Low-maintenance and energy-efficient.
Fit Style To Your Room
Patio doors designs fit your room and provide convenient access. There are two basic design types: Hinged and sliding.
Hinged doors combine standard door function with classic styling. They have one or two panels and open either in or out of the room. Two-panel doors – usually called French doors – open from the center. Combined with fixed panels on either side they provide even more natural light.
Not all hinged doors are alike, though. Within the category are three classic options:
- Classic French Doors – the most popular and most recognized hinged door style. Available in every door material plus many colors and trims.
- Bifold doors – multi-panel doors that fold and stack to open large spaces. Perfect for blending indoor and outdoor lifestyles. Bifold doors can move from one side to another or open two ways from the middle. Ideal to create a “wall of windows” in to an outdoor room.
- Single-hinged doors – a one door panel usually combined with a sidelight window panel on one or both sides. Transom windows add additional style.
‘Sliders’ Define Common Patio Door
When someone says “patio door” the common image that comes to mind is that of a sliding door. Sliding patio doors are the most common and popular. Why? They are safe and use less space because they don’t swing in or out. There are two basic versions:
- The Standard door – a stationary panel on one side and a sliding panel on the other. Movable panel slides along a fixed track. Doors can be set to move either from left or from right. Available in contemporary and French frame styles. Contemporary styling features narrow frames. French styles have wider trim. For a large installation more than one fixed panel is an option. Number 1 accessory is a sliding screen door.
- Multi-slide doors – Pella Scenescape doors feature expansive panels that stack against each other or tuck out of sight in a wall pocket.
Patio Door Installation Professionals
It’s a challenge to choose the right patio door as the route from indoors to out. As you evaluate style, material and design consulting a professional is a wise investment. Each design style has pros and cons. Some will work better in your Sun Prairie home than others. Above all, correct installation can make or break the performance of a patio door. These doors are big, heavy, bulky units that require skilled handling. A high-quality door installed by skilled, trained professionals – with the right tools – preserves energy-efficiency. Patio doors add style and personality to your home. Done right they fit seamlessly into your overall floorplan. To choose a high-quality Pella patio door and schedule professional installation, call Sims Exteriors & Remodeling at 608-825-4500, or email us. We welcome an opportunity to review options and ideas for a Pella patio door installation in your Sun Prairie WI home.