The decision to remodel a bathroom has long-term and immediate benefits. A modern, up-to-date bathroom makes your daily experience more enjoyable. The minute the project is done, you know its value. And, when you decide it is time to move on, the updated bathroom provides a solid return on investment (ROI). A value you realize when you sell your Sun Prairie WI home.
For most people the day begins and ends in the bathroom. It has to be functional and enhance your lifestyle at the same time. Any renovation has to reflect your style and day-to-day needs. A bathroom upgrade ranges from a few minor changes to a wholesale makeover. It’s your choice. Your needs, imagination and budget are the guiding forces. Remember, when it comes to work in a bathroom the plan has to be extremely detailed from the beginning. Even the largest master bathroom is a relatively small, confined space. Bathrooms are often made up of several small spaces working together. That means the layout is critical.
However, that does not mean the project has to be expensive or expansive. In a small space, a little goes a long ways. A move as simple as changing the mirrors and paint color has real impact.
Remodel A Bathroom For Yourself
There are great, mature neighborhoods in Sun Prairie. There are buyers looking to move in but many homeowners are looking to make changes that enhance their appreciation of where they live. A national survey on the impact of home remodeling shows that 75% of homeowners want to spend more time in their home. They like where they live and want to stay. Nearly 70% say the decision to remodel a bathroom makes their life more enjoyable. On the National Association of Realtors “Joy” scale, a new bathroom rates a 10 – the highest possible score. The Joy score measures how happy homeowners are with the decision they’ve made.
Selecting quality products that fit your design concept and having the work done by a qualified remodeling contractor are two anchors of a successful remodel. Quality shows in fixtures, tile and amenities. A professional contractor has the right tools, expertise and skill to provide the best “bang for your buck.” In addition, professional contractors stand behind their work well beyond any product’s warranty.
Consider ROI For A Bathroom Remodel
Industry statistics suggest that a bathroom remodel, done well, provides the prospect of an ROI of 50% or more. Updating worn out items with modern fixtures and materials and creating functional spaces pays.
Realtors advise most benefits when you remodel a bathroom come before selling your home. You make use of the new space every day. But your efforts are not overlooked down the road.
If you’re planning to remodel a bathroom to enhance a coming sale, professionals suggest you focus on the visual elements that “show well.” That includes:
- New, modern tile – floors, showers, etc.
- Popular colors
- Contemporary fixtures – avoid anything that’s too modern or too dated
- Add color with accent pieces on counters, colorful towels, etc.
There are three elements of any bathroom that head the list of remodeling targets. These top ROI targets include:
- The vanity – people spend a lot of time in this space and upgrades should include new countertops, faucets and sinks – more than one sink is extremely popular in master bathrooms. Install countertops at a comfortable height – take into account special needs like wheelchair access or seating for a makeup table space. Provide storage – you can never have too much bathroom storage space.
- The bathroom floor – a new floor goes a long way toward an overall new “look.” Find a style that fits with your daily routine, is durable and requires little maintenance. Large format tiles that mimic real stone or hardwood are popular trends in flooring.
- Tubs and showers – the whirlpool tubs of the 1990s are being replaced with soaking tubs or no tub at all. Don’t take out every bathtub in the house, but consider replacing the tub in the masterbath with an expanded, walk-in shower. Versatile showers are used every day and become a focal point of the room.
Find The Right Team To Remodel A Bathroom
Sims Exteriors & Remodeling is an experienced and knowledgeable source for ideas, materials and the skills to upgrade or expand your home. For a one-room project or a whole house challenge, contact Sims Exteriors and Remodeling at 608-825-4500. Call or email us to see how we can help with a plan to remodel a bathroom in your Sun Prairie WI home.